COME

"Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD...He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." Micah 4:2

Monday, July 08, 2013

Summer is stealing my time...



I'm sorry for the neglect of this blog during this summer month. It seems when the sun begins to really shine and the weather gets a little warmer, my day is stolen as I putter outside in the garden. I love the trim flower beds, and the joy of little blossoms delight my yard with so much color!

My Iris bed was gorgeous this Spring, and I even had the joy of planting day lilies of bright yellow. Now, the New Guinea Impatience line the patio and walk way.

Summer crept up and surprised me with busyness. We took a quick trip to NYC, 2100 miles of driving in 7 days! We were able to visit with 3 generations and I absolutely loved getting much desired hugs from these precious family members.

Now, for a couple of weeks, I'm caring for 7 children under age 5 each day while their parents attend training classes in cross-cultural studies. I have 2 wonderful helpers, but with my time being so captured with the adventures of these little ones' creativity, my computer time is limited.

And admittedly, my evening leisure moments finds escape to my back yard. I relax after the busy hot days while the gentle breezes sway my hammock in the shade of a leafy maple. I reason silently that I can only do so much, but value this time by capturing some awesome reading time. I'm also having fun while studying some awesome books loved ones suggested for summer reading.

So, dear readers, thank you for being very patient with this blog.
I'll pop back real soon, but in the meantime, enjoy your summer days in the sun!

No comments: